Media pool filters such as Davey’s Crystal Clear and the Hayward Pro Series range has been specifically designed for the efficient and hassle-free filtration of water in swimming pools & spa pools.
These filter use special filter sand to remove dirt particles from pool water. Filter sand is loaded into the filter tank and functions as the permanent dirt removing media. The pool water, which contains suspended dirt particles, is pumped through your piping system and is automatically directed by the patented filter control valve to the top of the filter tank. As the pool water is pumped through the filter sand, dirt particles are trapped by the sand bed, and filtered out. The cleaned pool water is returned from the bottom of the filter tank, through the control valve and back to the pool through the piping system.
This entire sequence is continuous and automatic and provides for total recirculation of pool water through your filter and piping system. After a period of time, the accumulated dirt in the filter causes a resistance to flow, and the flow diminishes. This means it is time to clean (backwash) your filter. With the control valve in the backwash position, the water flow is automatically reversed through the filter so that it is directed to the bottom of the tank, up through the sand, flushing the previously trapped dirt and debris out the waste line. Once the filter is backwashed (cleaned) of dirt, the control valve is manually resequenced to Rinse, and then Filter, to resume normal filtering.
Features and Benefits can include:
- Include premium quality and manufactured 6-way multi port valve with integrated sight glass & oil filled pressure gauge for optimum filter control
- Computer designed providing optimal tank strength and filtration performance
- One-piece UV stabilised and filament wound fibreglass & polyethylene inner tank (PE 18”-25” models only) for superior strength and long service life
- Large diameter tanks for maximum filtration area
- T-lateral design provides effective media utilisation leading to efficient filtration and longer durations between backwashing
- In backwash mode, the T-lateral design provides superior fluidising of the media bed, giving fast, efficient backwashing and water savings
- Robust, ABS flexi-joint unions (18”-25” models) for easy installation and maintenance
- Stainless steel oil filled pressure gauge makes it easy to see when backwashing is required
- Automatic air bleed prevents the build up of air in the tank ensuring effective filtration
- High rate design for maximum efficiency, suitable for sand, Zelbrite (Zeolite) and silica media